Be sure of complete fusion
Intelligent Arc ControlTM makes difficult downward welding of root passes easy, even for less experienced welders.
With a 100% stable and focused modified short arc, you achieve complete fusion in root passes.
This increases the quality of each weld.
Weld a solid foundation
Use Intelligent Arc ControlTM to make the first joint, the root pass. Intelligent Arc ControlTM makes sure that fusion in this first joint is perfect. It makes up a solid groundwork with a flat weld appearance and you can proceed with the rest of your weld.
- Not sensitive to a varying stickout in a weld pass = easier to carry out root passes
- Easy process: makes good welders even better - easier for less experienced welders to carry out complex welds
- Significantly increases welding speed in downwards welding of root passes compared to traditional upwards welding
- Weld faster = produce more
- Less heat input = less deformation of the welded material but still with sufficient penetration
- No weld spatter = less time spent on post-treatment
- Lower production costs for each workpiece
IACTM is ideal for
- Root passes
- Pipes, tubes and tanks
- Butt welds
- Mild and stainless steel
- All plate thicknesses
- Manual and automated welding
- Standard welding procedures
according to EN 1090/15612
Full control - quite automatic
Intelligent Arc ControlTM registers every single welding cycle and automatically adjusts the arc 50,000 times per second. It predicts the next millisecond of the weld and constantly supplies the required energy.